Wednesday

State of Mind

There are some things that go hand in hand with drifting. The first thing is style. Since drifting relies so heavily on car and driving style, most people that drift cars have a great sense of style in most other aspects of life. They are very into fashion, arts, and other expressive forms of sport. Just go to any drifting event or street spot. You won’t find too dudes rockin’ Walmart Jeans and Velcro shoes.

When it comes to traditional team sports, the terms expressive and style are both heavily frowned upon. Coaches will rip you a new one if you do anything that screams “Hey look at me, I’m cool”. Well guess what coach? I am a badass and just beat up your son who just happens to be the star athlete on the team. That would be a true drifters response.

That is why we don’t play traditional sports. We snowboard, we skate, we ride bikes. We wakeboard, we paint walls, we take your dream girl out on dates (and usually to the bar). We wouldn’t have it any other way.

I love expressing myself in just about everything I do. All of my toys are either customized or heavily modified to look damn cool. I like attention, even if its “hey look at that stupid colored bike”. Atleast I got you to break your neck staring at me. I must have done something right. This bring me to my latest purchase, a new fixed gear road bike from State Bicycle. This thing kicks ass, it looks cool, and it rides fantastic. I love speeding recklessly through traffic, making my mark on all the normal people on this earth.

Check one out, buy one.



No comments:

Post a Comment