Thursday

ohhh black betty, bam a lam

So it happened. After years and years and some more years of keeping my car clean and accident free, I finally made a mistake and ruined it. Well, sort of a mistake, sort of a moment of glory. I was working on my car and swapped in some new Hawk brake pads and thought it would be a great idea to lower the front some more. I went about three quarters of an inch lower and it looks killer. I took it for a drive and it definitely rubs more, but that’s the price you have to pay when you want to look cool.

So I am out at one of my favorite drift spots taking a few spirited turns giving the car a little bit of a shakedown. I approach my favorite turn at about 35 mph, and flick the car sideways with a little clutch kick. Womp womp womp all over the rev limiter, perfectly sideways and billowing no smoke (hahaha). I was all over the apex of the turn like white on rice, but had slightly more speed than I usually do in this turn. Having a lower car gave me more false confidence. Or something like that.

I go a tad wide and drop one wheel off the pavement. I know Im running wide and yet I keep the right pedal to the floor. Like a boss. All of the sudden WHACK. A fucking bomb just went off inside my car. I knew there was a road marker on the outside of that turn and my car just kissed it. I held the drift perfectly and drove off like nothing happened. I was scared to look, because it was LOUD. Consistent with my thoughts, the quarter panel is crinkled like some cafeteria fries. Oh well. Overs and aero next year.

With that comes NZNew’s s13 coupe that makes fiberglass look good. Sort of beat, lots of cool. This car makes me feel that fiberglass is OK. Lovin’ it.

No comments:

Post a Comment