Wednesday

“Fork in the road, I’m always going right. Nowadays, knowing life, there aint no more road lights.”

It is time to make some changes. My car has been going the direction of clean, simple, and unmolested for a few years now. I have managed to keep the exterior pretty damn clean and the paint has always been fresh. The wheels and stance were about the only things that are really wild on the car, and I was really into that style. Stock metal fenders, OEM bumpers, original styling; the car was pretty tame compared to some of my amigos. After a few battle wounds that is about to change.

I definitely have to switch to fiberglass overfenders in the rear due to the giant craters resembling the moon. This changes the overall direction of the car for a few reasons. I need to space the shit out of the wheels which means the front have to be spaced as well. This brings me to my first fork; pull the metal front fenders or go wide fiberglass fenders. Metal fenders are far more durable but suck when they are pulled. Fiberglass fenders will give me extra clearance but have vents and fit like ass. Hmmmm. Next up is the question of aero or no aero. With wide fenders I am going to want a more aggressive look, plus I will be paying for paint anyways so I might as well go aero.

Type X front with a Group A vent is at the top of my list right now. I might compliment that with a full Sexy Style kit or something very sleek and smooth, nothing crazy. Or maybe a full Type X kit with the kouki wing. Here is some inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment