Thursday

Checking it twice

Over the winter I have a whole slew of things that need to be done to my car. This list is somewhat in order of importance, but all things need to be accomplished before this thing hits the streets again.

1. Rewire the drivers-side engine harness
2. Recarpet interior, replace rear panels, redo headliner, Rhino line the trunk
3. Powdercoat roll cage
4. Lower the whole car and get a real alignment
5. Fix a few leaky seals in the engine

First off, since I lowered the car another inch, my front wheel continues to rub on the driver’s side engine harness. I have zip tied a metal plate on the wiring harness for temporary protection, but the problem needs to be fixed the right way. I am going to take out the wire harness completely from the fender and require it through the engine bay. Sounds easy, but it is going to suck.

Next comes the interior. I have some new carpet ordered and will need to take everything out in order to get it in. I also want to recarpet the rear panels that line the trunk and get those put back in. I will cut some panels to fit around the cage, and redo the headliner in some sort of suede. I will be powdercoating my cage bright ass lime green to go along with the entire new interior.

Next up comes some more lowering. I am never happy with any fender gap so I will need to drop the car a few smidges all around. I will play with some camber and attempt to get the wheel fitment as radical as possible. Should look killer!

No comments:

Post a Comment