Thursday

Singin' in the Rain

The other night it was raining out and I went and had my adult version of a field day. I got the car out, got my driving shoes one, and went and did some old fashioned street drifting. Sliding on the streets is so much fun, but its pretty risky at the same time. I have to worry about all of the hazards that are present on the streets, as well as a million other things such as cops, pedestrians, and annoying people who think they are cops.

But it is so much fun. It is even better in the rain because I can slide at much lower speeds which helps reduce some of the hazards. I can save tires and reduce the wear and tear on my car. Plus the slick surfaces makes it that much easier to hang out some rad angle and get close to certain clipping points that I like to stay away from in the dry. I have more control because I am going a bit slower, but can still take the wild fast lines that I love to take when the roads are dry.

So that got me thinking, it is also a lot less dangerous in other aspects. I know that there aren’t going to be people out at my spots, whether riding bikes or walking their dogs. I also know that cops don’t really like the rain and would rather stay dry in their squad cars at some other location. I guess its sort of a package deal, I have more control over my surroundings and the things that I can’t control are less abundant. Sliding in the rain is awesome in many ways.

Enjoy this perfect example of a fellow 180 just dancing through the puddles.

No comments:

Post a Comment