Friday

thank God for sliding


Thank god it’s Friday. It has been one of those weeks that just take a toll on a person. Long hours at work, late nights up doing random things like moving and cleaning, and all the while I am trying to balance my life. Sometimes I feel like I take on a lot of challenges, but there are certain things in life that make me forget all of the madness that occurs daily

One of those things is hoppin’ in the whip and going out for a “spirited” drive. By spirited I mean downright crazy. I love getting in the driver seat. At this moment nothing exists in my life other than a suede steering wheel, a perfect Nismo shift knob, and some pedals. To be honest it’s probably the only time I really feel natural. Life is sort of awkward for me at times, but when I am behind the wheel I feel like I actually belong there. It’s my niche.

When I get off work today (probably skip out a little early) I am going to do just that. Go pull the beast out of the garage, go for a leisurely cruise to get my nerves settled, and then go burn some tires off. The feeling of sliding, the smell of the rubber, the nervousness I get from jumping spot to spot, all makes my life seem perfect. Again, it’s like I was born to do this. It’s weird. When I’m sideways at 40+ miles per hour, milliseconds and millimeters from disaster, my ridiculously fast-paced life slows down. I feel calm, I feel in control, I feel perfect. They say that great athletes can slow down the game and take things at their own pace. So can great drivers.

I’m getting chills just thinking about it. No joke.

No comments:

Post a Comment